Sunday, October 28, 2007

Long day. And how!

Yesterday morning, when Neville came home from buying the Saturday paper, he asked if I would like to go to Adelaide to look at a good second hand car. As I have been having a torrid time with my leg, and not feeling like doing much, it was a big ask. It meant hours cooped up in the little car, and I did not relish the idea at all. It also meant I would not be able to move around much all day, and that would mean much discomfort, not to mention possible pain. I said I would go if we went to see my mother who is in hospital, and very ill. He said we would not go to Adelaide and not see her.
We finally found the home of the man with the advertised car. It looked very good at first glance. He had said it was a clean, neat car. We thought it was a white 1998 EL Ford Falcon. Had only done 123,000.00 kms. Paul was asking $5,000.00 for it.
We took it far a short test drive, and Neville said he would see if Paul would take $4,500.00 for it. They discussed the sale, and Paul said he had wanted $4.600.00, but he did not want to be stuffed around with it, and, as we had come all the way from Bordertown, he agreed to our offer. It turns out it is a January 1997 model. There are, as one could anticipate, some minor things to be fixed, but Neville says it is still a good buy.
I can tell you dear reader, it was a loverly feeling driving down the street this morning in a decent car!!! It has air conditioning, a CD player, blue/grey mottled/plain upholstery, keyless entry and lots of leg room. Neville is not used to these new fangled gadgets, but he will get used to them. I will buy a dashboard mat so that does not get cracked from the sun. He will need to buy stronger head lamps, as they do not show up well on high beam. He will also need to fix the old Ford Fairlaine and sell it so we can put this one in the shed!!

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Noice.