Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Jokers.

The man about the house and I went down town this morning, as I had some errands to run.
I recently 'found' a Velour beach towel my daughter gave me some time ago, that has cats on it. I had decided I wanted to make it in to a wall hanging. Neville said he had some dowling in the shed. When he got it out, I was not at all enamoured of it, as it was very dirty and greasy.
There was not enough, so we went to the hardware /timber store and I asked about their stock. The young guy and I climbed down some steps to the back of the shed, and he showed me what he had. While I was deciding which was the better size for the job, a bloke came in, just as I asked the lad how much a metre it was. I do not know this man from 'Adam', but he cheekily said as he walked past, $25.00. I said, as lightheartedly as possible, "If bulls**t was music, you would be a brass band." He just roared laughing and went about his business. He came to the counter with the dowling he wanted, just as the lad told me the length I wanted would cost $4.00 all up,and said something else cheeky, but it escapes me.
I have also rearranged the linen cupboard so I can have my tea towels at a height so I do not need to bend. They were in a drawer, and it is a real pain in the back when I need one.
I now have to find a home for all the meat bags and sundry other stuff on the bottom shelf.
We should be able to put the new cupboards in place tomorrow. I hope the cook top and wall oven will be connected before I come home from hospital.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

And just when are we going to see some photos?

Susan Ham said...

Patience is a virtue, son. Gimme time, gimme time.