Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend. Same 'ol, same 'ol.

Unlike my son and his family, we never 'do' anything at all, let alone something interesting. Hubby went out for the day to a monster auction just over the border in Victoria, in a town named Kaniva. It is held twice a year, and raises money for charity and some of the public. For instance, there was a 1997 Mecedes Benz for sale. The auctioneer could only raise $10,000.00, but the vendor wanted more. He was selling it for his daughter who has gone overseas. I have never been to one, but am told there is all manner of things brought for sale. It was a day out for Neville, but it would have been boring for me, as I can't stand for long, and sitting around is not much better, or any fun. I did the washing instead. That was a big job , for me. I had a 'Nanna' nap in the afternoon. Two and a 1/4 hours! Must have been tireder than I realised.
Neville is fiddling with his bench saw and wood splitter.Don't know what he is doing to them. He had to bring them in from his brother's place, so they would not get stolen. He had some split Red Gum fire wood out there too. His brother, Peter, asked him last time here was here if he had been cutting or carting wood. Neville said no. Pete said all the Red Gum had gone. I hope whoever stole it needed it, and didn't make money out of it.
Neville left his house key at the farm last week, and I have had to let him in when he returns from his walk at night. Last night I was mucking around on the computer, and I was listening to music on my Walkman. I thought he would be too tired after being out all day, to go for a walk. I turned this thing off at 8.25 pm, so I could watch a couple of programmes on TV. He was no-where is sight, and I assumed he had gone to bed. He is usually back long before that time. I put the passage light on, and quietly opened the bedroom door, to ascertain if he was in bed. In the dim light, and with my poor eyesight, I thought I detected his form in the bed, so I put the bolt in the door, and locked up for the night.
Ten to fifteen minutes later the door bell rang. I assumed, wrongly, that it was my friend Sue. I was most surprised to see it was Neville. I told him all the above, and he said he had said 'see you later' and I had not responded. I told him I had loud music playing through the headphones, so of course I didn't hear him.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Who says you don't listen? Well, not to him anyway.