Saturday, October 07, 2006

Been busy.

Last Thursday, Sue and I travelled to Keith, to spend some time with my daughter and her boys, but also to get away from here for a while. We arrived at Deb's, and I was surprised to see their car was not in the driveway. Sue could see the children peeping through the curtains, and I was a bit concerned that they were on their own. I rang Deb on the mobile, only to see her walk out of the house. I asked where the car was, and she said Pete had it. Silly me. I thought she drove him to work so she could have the car. She must only do that on shopping days. Sue removed one of the child seats so Lachlan could sit in the back with Deb and Riley. We went to the Keith bakery cafe and had morning tea. Then we went to a bargain shop which sells/hires videos, toys, craft items and cigarettes, just to have a squizz. Then we went back to Deb's for a while.
I had arranged to have Lachlan for the weekend, but Deb asked if it would be OK if it was only for the night, and she would pick him up on Friday, as they wanted to go fishing today.
She rang me early on Thursday, to ask when we would be arriving, as she had one very excited little boy who had been ready for an hour. This was at nine o'clock. We didn't get there untill 10.30 am! Luckily, Lachlan is a patiant child. We all trooped down to the local pub, and I bought lunch. Deb had Calamari rings, the boys had Chicken Nuggets and chips, Sue had Chicken Schnitzel, and I had a child's serve of the same, as they are far too big for me to manage. We ate outside, because Riley was in a particulary boisterous mood, and making a lot of noise. No ammount of reprimanding from his mother made an impact. It was quite chilly outside. It was a huge contrast to the day before when it had been 37c.
Sue and I liked the bread that was served at lunch, and walked across to the bakery and ordered a loaf each, and Deb brought them yesterday. They are half and half wholemeal and white done in a plait. Very nice.
W
e went back to Deb's and got Lachlan's gear and came home.

No comments: