Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lachlan had fun.

On Thursday afternoon, I asked Neville to put the seat back in the car so we could all go down the street, as I had some errands to do, and Lachlan had to sit in the back. He has had the seat out for ages, as he uses the car as a 'ute' for the farm. I had asked Lachlan what he would like to do. Would he like to go to the Wild Life Reserve, or would he like to go to Apex park and play on the swings etc. He said he would like to do both, but when we got there, he decided he would like to play on the swings etc. After I had done all my errands, one of which was paying off a bill and layby at Betta Electrical, I bought a couple of CD Roms of games. One is three different kinds of car racing, and the other is over 1,000 games of Solitairre, we came back to Apex park, I went with him so he could play safely. Neville sat in the car. He never gets involved with the grandies. It would be nice if he did, as it is very hard for me with my crook back and knees. But, this Leopard ain't about to change his spots!
After Lachlan had played for a while, I asked him if he ate pizza, and did mum make them, and what did he like on them. He said he liked chicken pizza. I have never made one, so had to ascertain what ingredients I needed so we could get them while we were down town.
He couldn't remember all of them, so I rang Deb and she thought that something must be wrong. I said nothing was wrong, and asked her what he liked on his chicken pizzas. we bought the nessacary items, and came home.
When we got home, Lachlan asked if he could play games on the computer. I had to load one of the racing games, but we could not work out how to start it! It said to click on space to start.
I set up some games for him to play, while I made pizzas in my toaster oven. I had to make frequent trips in here, to show him what to do. I gave him a bath before tea, and afterwards, he played with the army men and other toys. We started to watch Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang. Lachlan started to go to sleep, so I turned it off, and read him a story, as requested. He then snuggled down on the lounge, and went to sleep. I was surprised that he did so early, as it was only nine o'clock, and those children are still up around 10 pm. I don't know if that applies on school nights.
I asked Deb about the racing game, yesterday, and she said it probably meant to click the space bar. Duh!
It is for children over 8, but Lachlan tried it, and had a bit if fun, but kept crashing and burning his car. Riley decided to stay when Deb and her friend Kylie went shopping. This is unusual for him. I thought he was very subdued, and discovered he had been reprimanded by his grandfather for running around with a big stick, and pointing at Pop. He was told several times to stop, but ignored him. He said if he didn't, he would smack him. Riley didn't take heed, and suffered the consquences. I hope when he starts school, his teachers can channel his exuberence positively, and not break his spirit.
We played Animal Farm on the computer, and Riley is very clued in, and picked the objects by their name sounding and pictures, very well. He will be four next month.
Deb said when they were leaving, that Lachlan had asked if he could stay another night. She asked him if he wanted to go fishing or stay here. He said he wanted to go fishing. They all love their fishing trips. I hope they catch something edible this time.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

He certainly kept you busy.

Anonymous said...

He coitanly did! I was 'pooped' for a couple of days. I must be doing something right. He asked hus mum if I was coming up again today! I love having him here.