Friday, October 20, 2006

Unexpected Compliments.

Whilst I was waiting to see the doctor this morning/afternoon, (my appointment was for 11.45. I did not come out of the surgery until 12.40 pm.) I was chatting to an elderly woman that I know, only slightly, as you do in such situations, and she was trying to make small talk and asked if I had family. As I don't know her very well, i was somewhat reluctant to divulge too much about myself to her. I said , yes, I did have family. She asked where they went to school, was it Mundulla. ( A small town, 10kls from here, with only a Primary school.) I laughed and said I was a grandmother three times over, with another one on the way, and my eldest two are six. She was quite incredulous, and said,"Are you really?" I assured her that is the case. As I have been feeling haggard and old of late, to think some-one in her eighties thought I was that young gave me a huge boost. I got a lot of pleasure from it, I can tell you. It truly blessed me, and I have not been able to wipe the smile off my face.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

That's nice to hear.

Anonymous said...

Ta, muchly.