Thursday, March 20, 2008

Social Pariahs.

It is with some misgivings I use this space to add my thoughts about Wayne Carey. I wonder if it is a good use of this space, considering I think he is getting more than adequate coverage in the tabloids.
I can not for the life of me understand why people like him are feted in the press, and paid handsomely for the priivilege no doubt, He was interviewed by a mass produced women's magazine, and now, is to appear on Enough Rope. What is it about these 'fallen heroes' that is so fascinating?
The guy is out of control in so many aspects of his life. A life we don't really need, or for my part, want to know about. He needs some anger management counseling. He is reported to be a woman beater, drug user and drunk.
How long can he live off his celebraty? He is a private citizen now, let him and what he does in private, stay there please. I think there is something rather tacky and distasteful about promoting these people. The guy needs help. I just hope he realizes it and does something about it, soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should write him a nice note before it is too late.