Sunday, March 09, 2008

Make up your mind,'Sam".

It has been widely reported in the media, that 'Sam Newman has prostate cancer. This is not good, and, even though he is not one of my favourite people on the box, I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery.

His mate, Eddie McGuire, wrote an article in today's paper, telling us how 'Sam' broke the news to him and one of channel nine's producers. Now I ask you, was that really necessary? This is a private matter and should have remained so. He said that 'Sam' had wanted no fuss or publicity, and was even contemplating going to the U.S.A. for the surgery, just to keep a lid on it. Now, this is where they have lost me. If that were so, why the report at all? And, why did 'Sam' have the channel nine cameras rolling all through the operation?
Is this just 'Sam's' huge ego in play, or hypocrisy at it's worst? Is his 'mate' trying to make mileage out of his mate's predicament? I think the only good that may come out of this whole sad story, is, more men will drop their reluctance and their pants, and get checked by their doctor. If only one man's life is saved by this, great.I can forgive them both for that.

3 comments:

Hammy said...

Read the article again and you may realise that they agreed a three week documentary would provide ample publicity for the disease and its treatment and not for Sam Newman. At least that's the way it was portrayed in my Sunday newspaper.

Anonymous said...

God Bless Sam Annette

Susan Ham said...

Hullo Annette. Nice to know someone other than just my son will leave a comment on my blog.
Frugal Bastard's Mum.