Friday, March 07, 2008

Can I spot a bargain, or can I spot a bargain?

Just over two weeks ago, after we had had lunch at the pub, I walked to the curtain and blind shop to see if they had any specials. I was not intending to buy anything, but, could not resist it when I saw some lovely burgundy curtain fabric out for $5.00m. as it was the last of it on the roll.
I bought five metres, and had it sent away to be made up. I went there again yesterday, to make a payment off the cost of having them made. I was very pleasantly surprised to know they were back, and, it was only going to cost me $66.00 for the making up. That is of course, the princely sum of $91.00 all up! Now, is that a bargain or what? The curtains look wonderful, as I expected them too, as I have had some done through these people before.
The next thing is to get the Man about the House to hang them for me. This will be a major undertaking, as I have a queen sized bed, in a room that really only has room for a double bed. The bed head is across the window, therefore, he will need to move the bed and head board to do the job. I will take the opportunity to vacuum at the same time. The curtains have block out backing, which is why I decided to do this now. I am hoping it will allow me to sleep later than the crack of dawn.
The young woman who served me yesterday, said I could take the curtains, but I was reluctant to do that until I had paid for them. Just then the boss came back, and she asked him if if would be OK for me to take them. He said,"Yeah. I know where she lives." I thanked him and told him he was a cheeky sod.

No comments: