Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Don't lie to me, you won't get my business.

Last week, I received a phone call from a young woman, who said she was from the telecommunications watchdog, and that she was ringing to inform me, I did not have to pay line rental on my phone, ever again. My ears pricked up, but my alarm bells started to tingle too. As it was one of those telemarketing calls, I was very reluctant to continue the conversation. I am sick of them, and have put my name on the national Don't Call Register. We talked a bit more, and I asked what the catch was. She said there was none, but handed me over to a young man so he could 'give me the drum', as it were. He informed me, if I were to change my phone company and take up a $59.00 capped package, I would have x amount of calls, including international ones. I asked which phone carrier I should join to access this offer. He told me, and I said I wanted to see all relevant data in writing. He was trying to railroad me into signing up there and then. Not this little black duck! He said I could see it on the internet. I looked it up, but there was no mention of international calls in the packages on the Net.
When the young woman rang me back on Monday, I told her this, and she told me I would have to take out an extra package to have international calls for no line rental etc. I told her, that I would not be changing my phone carrier or taking them up of this offer.I do not like being lied to. This was blatant deception, and trickery. I did not come down in the last shower, either.

No comments: