Friday, June 22, 2007

Riley & the Ducks.

I had woken up early, about 5.30, and was not able to go back to sleep. I got up and brought the paper in and read it whilst having a cup of coffee.
I went back to bed around 7.20 and slept for just over an hour. I had a cup of tea and my shower and got dressed. My daughter and her children arrived earlier than expected, as I was checking my emails. I got my things together and we went down town, so Deb could do her shopping. I got a few things and took them and Deb's bread though the checkout and Riley and I sat out the front on some plastic chairs. I have not been feeling very well since Tuesday night I was feeling decidedly seedy yesterday whilst doing my shopping in Naracoorte, and had to go through the check out, having only done half of it, and go and have a coffee and sit down for a while. While we were waiting for Deb, I realized I had not had any breakfast. No wonder I was feeling yuk. Riley suddenly declared he needed to go to the toilet. I told him there was nothing I could do about it. He would have to wait for his mother. As there are no toilets in the supermarket for the public, I did not feel well enough to walk down the street to the public ones.
When we got back in the car, Deb drove across the road to the bakery cafe and took him to the loo. There is a small pond with some ducks on it. When they came back, Deb got some bread out of the boot and gave it to Riley, so he could feed the ducks. He thought this was really great, but was not very keen on the fact the duck was snatching the bread out of his hand and nipping him. He said, "Look Nan, he bited me." (He was a she.) I said the duck did not mean to and he should toss the bread on the ground for it to pick up with it's beak. He did this, and had a great time. They then got the duck to follow them to the water and threw the remaining bread in, and quickly got in the car before it followed them. This made Riley's day.

No comments: