Friday, March 23, 2007

Easter Hamper Fiasco.

Last year, I ordered and began payment for, an Easter Treats Hamper. I got one the year before and was most satisfied with it. It was delivered on time so I was able to send some of the contents to far flung family members, including my sister in Wales.
A couple of weeks ago, I was advised by letter, that this year's was being delivered once again, by Australia Post.
So far, so good. I was given the dates 13.3.07 to 16.3.07, as the 'window' for when to expect to take delivery.
As I had to sign for it, I endeavoured to be here until midday, to make sure to be available as the parcel postie has all his parcels delivered by then.
I was further advised in the letter, that if it was not delivered by the last date, to ring them. I rang at about 4pm. The company is in Sydney, and it may as well be on the moon as far as the cityites are concerned.I explained my dilemma to the nice young lady who took my call. She made no attempt to try to trace the thing, but put me on hold while she spoke to her supervisor. She came back, and informed me, that as it was not yet 5pm, there was still a possibility that it would be delivered that day, or the next, which was Saterday. I told her I live in a country town and the parcels are all delivered by noon, and we have not had Saterday deliveries for nearly 30 years.
This information failed to register with her way of thinking.I was then advised to ring on Monday if it had not arrived.
We had friends to stay over the weekend, and Monday, and on Tuesday my friend Sue took me to meet my new grand-daughter. The hamper had still not arrived, so I rang again and got a young man who could hardly speak English, and this made it very difficult to get my message across. He told me there would need to be an investigation and this would take time. I would just have to wait.
It is now a week later than the last day for delivery, and guess what, still no hamper. I rang AGAIN this afternoon, and was cheerily informed that another one had been sent on Wednesday and should be here no later than next Thursday.Why the h..l couldn't someone have rung me and told me?? I made the comment to Nathan, that the reason they send the hampers two weeks before Easter, is so people can send some of the contents to family that are far away. No response whatever! I was so incensed that I sat down and wrote a letter and let them know, without being rude or abusive, that I am not a happy customer, and if an apology for the distress and inconvenience was not forthcoming, I was seriously thinking of not continuing to buy their (damn) hampers.
Watch this space!

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Why not just start looking now for a new supplier?

Susan Ham said...

Have already done that. I am getting a hamper from them as well. I will just change over to them and cut ties with this lot when I get the hampers at Christmas.