Friday, March 16, 2007

Bossy business people make me mad!

Today we traveled to Naracoorte to do the grocery shopping. I have been losing weight over the last six months, but feel that I have struck a plateau, and am very concerned that I will start to regain what I have lost, which would be devastating.
I have sought advice from a friend as to what if anything , I could do to prevent this happening. She suggested some herbal suppliments, and I duly went to the Health shop in Naracoorte to purchase something.
I have had 'run ins' with the proprietor before, so was not surprised when she tried to force her preferences on me.
She did not do me the courtesy of allowing me to know what I could or could not do it the way of exercise etc.
She also told me I should not use artificial sweetener, as she said it produces Formaldahide in the liver, and is therefore toxic. As I have no idea if this is true, I can not know if I should desist from taking it. She said there is a natural one that I could use. I preempted her and asked if she was referring to Stevia. She said she was. I told her emphatically that I had tried it, and it was disgusting. She thought I should be able to sit in a chair and do light weight lifts. I said, no, as my shoulders are stuffed. What about Pilates, she said, No, my back is stuffed and so are my knees. I would not be able to get down on the floor, let alone get back up!
This went on for about 20 mins, and she said I had very rigid mind sets, meaning I was not open to suggestions. She also told me I should not be eating bread or any other carbs, as well. I think I know what I can do that is not going to do more damage. If I do not know my body and it's limitations, then who does?

1 comment:

Hammy said...

I'm of the opinion that herbal supplements are bullshit - almost as bad as the proprietor.