Sunday, September 17, 2006

Computer Games.

I was given a soft ware CD by my freind, Sue, so I could download some new games, a few weeks ago. I have been having 'the fun o' Cork', ever since. I already had some games from another company, but these are far superior, as they have other 'people' that talk, and can sort of interact with my created image. I have discovered this week how to make mine 'talk'. There is a T Rex, called Marvin of all names,Harley the Grizzly Bear, Cap'an Scurvy, a rather vitriolic pirate Parrot, and sundry others. It is great fun.I have been playing a lot of Crazy Eights, a card game, and not that easy to win. I do not know how to play a lot of the games, as I can't play Euchre, Bridge, Poker, Pinoche, Cribbage etc.There isn't an ordinary game of Solitaire, which is a shame, as there are other kinds.It is a great time waster, and my brain still gets a work out and I get a giggle out of the other 'players' comments.
Strange Auction.
Neville went to an auction today. He said a little while ago, that when the people arrived, they were given a number, and then had to walk around the items for sale and place a price they were prepared to pay for it, on the item, next to their number. The people who were running it then decided if the 'bid' would be accepted. He said they complained sometimes, and said it would have to be auctioned in the ususal way. He said they should have just auctioned everything and not wasted so much time. I don't know if it was a Dutch auction or not, but I have never heard of it before. The vendor is a friend of my aunt and uncle in Adelaide, and fancied himself as a wine maker. My aunt, my mother's sister, give Mum a bottle of his 'wine' on Christmas. Mum said it was 'Chateau Naff du Crapp", and poured it down the sink! She said, at least the drain would have had a good clean.

No comments: