Friday, March 10, 2006

Hounding by organisations years after you have cancelled subscription.

I used to belong to two different book clubs. I cancelled my meberships about two years ago, but they are still hounding me to 'come back'!! They have sent me their lastest offers by mail, which I have tossed into the bin. They offered me free shipping and handling forever, and numerous other 'goodies', which have not tempted me to relent. They have written to me and now one of them has phoned me. I think it was the second time they phoned me, last week. I explained at the time, 'though I did not need to, why I was cancelling,to no avail. I got very stroppy with the poor girl who rang last week, and explained that the reason I was no longer a member was still the same. There is a well known cosmetics company who do the same thing. They have tried numerous times to get me to rejoin as a rep. I have never been one! They do not understand the word NO either. I wish I knew how to get them to remove my name from their mailing lists.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

They are trying very hard to get your quite lucrative business back. If they include a postage paid envelope then start sending their crap back to them. Make sure that you remove any personal details from the paperwork though!! Big business is rather impersonal.

Anonymous said...

I will try to remember that tip with future mailings. I am QUITE sure there wil be some. Thanks.