Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Commonwealth Games.

As my readers will see, if they read all this, I am NOT a sports fan. We Australians are said to be very sports orientated, Not this little black duck! I have no idea what percentage of ozzies are passionate about their sport, but I imagine it is not as great as we are lead to believe. So, you will understand my lack of interest in the Commonwealth Games that are now upon us. The opening and closing ceremonies will, no doubt, be pretty spectacular, if they are anything like those of the Olympics of recent times. The reason I have such a jaundiced view of sport is I suppose, because I have very little eyesight, and therefore cannot see much of them. Another reason for my attitude is, there will be nothing much to watch of 'the box' for the next two weeks. Ah, well, I guess I will have to rotate my videos and DVDs, and see if there is something I can watch, again. Having said that, We are going to Keith tomorrow to watch(?) one of our grandsons in his school sports day. I will probably not see much, but it will be a chance to see him, and suppot him. It beats being shut up in these four walls all day! As Lachlan is only in first grade, the sports only lasts for a couple of hours.
Yeah, this is a slow news week.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

The Commonwealth Games coverage is 16.5 hours a day on Channel 9. Your other channels aren't affected so how can you really complain about nothing being on?

Anonymous said...

The answer to that is simple. There is NOTHING much on the other channels that I would waste time watching! I do have great discernment and taste, and will not watch something just for the sake of filling in time!!