Friday, March 24, 2006

Friends

I have a 'new' friend, who is also called Sue, and her husband is also called Neville.He is legally blind like me, but from a different cause. Sue and I have been friends now for about a year. We met many years ago just once, when she drove me home from an evening out somewhere. We renewed our aquaintance in 2004, when we did a biginners computing course. It wasn't untill about a year ago that she started to call on me on a regular basis, a couple of times a week. Our friedship has progressed in leaps and bounds, and she very kindly takes me down the town to do my errands when my Neville is not home.
Last week she picked me up and we went and did our errands, and then went to the bakery cafe for a coffee, or what ever else we felt like. Sue has her nine month old grand daughter to look after on working days, as he daughter is now working full time, so Stacey comes with us. She is a lovely baby. This week when we got to the coffee shop, I wanted something cool to drink, but didn't fancy one of their iced coffees, as they don't make them properly. After our visit last week I noticed a list of new smoothies on the door as we were leaving. On top of the list was a Mango smoothie.I remarked that I would have like to try that, but had not noticed the advertisment as we went in.I had forgotten about it, but as I was having trouble deciding what to drink, Sue reminded me about it, so I ordered one. I got the shock of my life when the girl said it was $5.00! I thought, what the heck. You only live once, go for it.It was very nice, but it wil be the only time I buy one. I will wait untill mangos are in season again, and make my own.

No comments: