Friday, March 10, 2006

Beware, scammers!

I had read about a scam that is doing the rounds at present, and it disturbed me very much. It concerns an American organization of unknown name, either ringing people, or puting something on their computer(s), usually a questionaire, saying how they can win a car or a holiday. I had one such phone call a couple of days after reading about. I was informed by a Yankee male voice, that I had been randomly chosen to win a holiday in California! As I had not entered any competition, I waited until he drew breath, and asked if he was a real person, or a recording! As there was not response, I hung up. So people, beware. They want you bank details and then they will suck your account dry, and more.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

You did the right thing. Don't give them any info. The old saying is true - "you have to be in it to win it".

Hammy said...

A friend of mine mentioned that he had completed an online survery and the company/person had tred to hack his computer. You're not going to get anything from filling in random surveys so steering clear of them would be a good idea.