Saturday, November 19, 2005

Stop. stop with the soccer, puleese!!!

As I have stated before on this site, I am NOT a sports fan. Once again, I have missed one of my TV programmes, because, the 'powers that be' decided the cricket was more of a vote catcher that the special edition of the game show I watch at 5.30 pm. For the last three days, we have been bombarded with news reports, front page photos, and pages & pages devoted to the Socceroos win. Once would have been too much! There are more pressing things that need to be dealt with. Come on, people. Get over it!! It is not the be all and end all of life.
I would have thought the news of a terrorist threat to our leaders and life style would have rated front page headlines, but no, it was relegated to page three. And this was two days AFTER the Socceroos won. Get a life, people.

No comments: