Saturday, November 05, 2005

Car repeirs.

Father has been working on our daughter's car for two months or more. He has had the motor out twice, as he discovered when he put it back the first time, it would not turn over because our son-in -law thrashes it, and two of the pistons were too tight.It is hoped that when he tries to start it next time, it will go. It will be nice to get it out of the yard, and Deb will be glad to have it back. At first, she was complaining of having to walk, but now she does not seem to mind as she is losing weight, on purpose, and the walking is helping.
Minor fire!
Last night, I was cooking fish and chips for tea. I had an old carving fork that I was stirring the chips with, and put it down on the top of the stove. With my lousy eyesight, I failed to see that the handle was touching the hot plate. It was a bone handle and soon ignited, and burned on top of the stove. I grabbed the chip pan, as I have had two fires because the oil caught alight, and didn't want a repeat performance. I yelled for #1 hubby, who put it out. Boy, do those old bone handles pong when they burn! I burned the bottom of my brand new frypan, too. Bugger.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Just how many husbands do you have that you have to number them?

Anonymous said...

Now, that would be telling!