Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Grandma knows how to slice it!

Yesterday, I was home alone, and decided to make myself a toasted cheese sanger. (sandwich to non Aussies) I was slicing the block of cheese with a ver sharp, very finely serrated knife. It is very good for slicing those red things that are passed off as tomatoes, with their skin as tough as leather. As the cheese is hard, and I don't have much strength in my hands because of Athritis, I thought it would be a good knife to cut it with. I was loosely holding the cheese as I sliced it, and quick as a flash, the damn thing slipped and sliced a large chunk of skin off my finger. As you can imagine, it bled pretty well, and I suddenly found I could yodel!
Oh boy, could I!! As Neville was not here, I was unable to get to the hospital for treatment. I rang them and the RN suggested I make an appointment to see the doctor today, which I duly did. When he saw the finger, he said he would have to put some alchohol on it to clean it up. He said it would sting a bit. That was the understatement of the century!! I have taken the full layer of the epidermus off. It is right down to the flesh! He then put a small piece of adhesive weblike
gauze on it, and told me to leave it there as long as possible, as it helps the skin to regrow underneath. He gave me some more to take home. Thankfully I heal quickly.

more of it to take home.

No comments: