Saturday, October 29, 2005

Western Movies I have seen.

Now that I have a DVD player, I am buying old movies I saw when young, so I can see them properly for the first time. As I have mentioned previously, my eyesight is very poor, so I didn't actually 'see' these movies when I attended with my parents. I remember most of them, but some I have forgotten, to wit, The Magnificent Seven. I purchased this on DVD two weeks ago and watched it with my husband. The main reason I bought it was because it has Yul Brynner in it.(I wanted to see what he was like in a role other than the king of Siam.) I was surprised to find I hardly remembered the story at all. I am glad it cost less than $A15.00, as it was very disappointing, to say the least. It was classed as a classic western! Last night we watched An Invitation To A Gunfighter, also with the aforementioned actor in the lead role. Once again, I paid less than $A15.00, again I am thankful for that. The only' action' was when Yul's character got drunk and smashed up some of the buildings in the one horse town! When it was finished, there was some of the International Rules football game on the telly. There was more 'action' on the footy field than in the movie. Not that I condone that kind of biffo in any sport.
I have checked out Yul's other films on Google, and if the two we have seen this week are anything to go by, I think I will pass.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

My mum the movie critic. That's so funny.

Anonymous said...

Cynic!!! You had better watch out, you will outsmart yourself one day. Just because all you taste (in movies) is in your mouth! Where is the posting you promised last night?