Wednesday, October 26, 2005

If only we could see into the future.

Last weekend I ran out of black printer ink. I had some spares, so proceeded to install one, only to discover it was the wrong size. I got on the phone first thing Monday to let my supplier know they had sent the wrong cartridges. The girl who answered the phone sounded as though she had just woken from her morning nap. She wasn't the least bit interested in my problem. I said I had sent several emails the previous week, to ascertain the cost of cartridges for my daughter's printer. She said in a very 'so what' kind of way, that she didn't think they had received any from me. "I could check if you like'. I told her not to bother. She then said she would have to transfer me to Julian. He turned out to be a very pleasant Phillapino sounding young man, who was almost uninteligable. I told him the problem, and he looked for the correct ink cartridges. I said I didn't think I should have to pay freight on the replacements as it was their mistake. He asked me for the invoice number. Thankfully, I had it right there, and he could see I was telling the truth. When he had found the right ones, he said he would get them out overnight. Yesterday we went out for the day, and I was worried as last time they were here the next morning. I received a garbled email from them , but no cartridges. I thought I had missed them, as they have to be signed for. This morning I bought a cartridge whilst I was out shopping. Half an hour after we got home, the courier arrived with the cartridges! If I had only been able to see into the future, I would have saved myself $26.95!! The replacement cartridges were complimentary, too. Bugger!

2 comments:

Hammy said...

What on earth did you have to do that couldn't wait a couple of days? I can understand if you have money to throw away but when did you get that?

Patience, dear people, patience.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way!!