Monday, October 10, 2005

My new DVD VCR combo unit is installed.

I bought myself a new combo unit on layby, some weeks ago, from Target. Due to the fact my daughter has not had time, until last Friday to install it, I have been hoping the old VCR would not 'die' just yet. It was doing some uncharactaristic things, when I used it. For instance, it would keep ejecting the tape and turning itself off. Most annoying! I, however, showed it who was boss! It has been used nearly every day, for the last six years, and has not missed a beat, nor has it been serviced. I had a separate DVD unit, which Deb installed, too. I have plans for that, but I can't find the manual. I have never seen it, so don't know what to look for. The only negative aspect of this combo unit is this. I am unable to watch a DVD whilst taping a programme. Some boffin or other needs to overcome that little hitch. It will take a while to work out what I can and can't do, but I am making rapid progress already.

No comments: