Thursday, September 29, 2005

Some people just should not be doctors!

It has been a while since my last post, so I hope I do not repeat myself too much.( Memory's not that wonderful.) I may have reported that my otjer knee has 'gone' like my right one. I am unable to walk many steps before it starts to THROB! The pain is unbelievable! I have a wheelchair for when I go shopping. It is interesting to see the reactions of folk when one is in a wheelchair. It does not take long to determine their attitudes. Most people are accommodating, but some just stand and stare.
Last weekend we travelled to the 'big smoke' so I could have MRIs on both knees. On the previous Tuesday night I had a bad attack of Hay Fever, and consquently developed a nasty cold/chest infection. By Saterday I had a hacking cough, and was concerned about it, as you have to lie perfectly still for these scans. They are very expensive to do. I asked for more pillows to sit me up a bit to try to eliminate the tickle in my throat. Once it takes hold, there is nothing I can do but cough! The young doctor doing the scan was less than kind. To say he needed to brush up on his bedside manner goes without saying. But his manners were apalling! I asked for a glass of water at one stage, and he refused to get it, telling me I needed to try harder not to cough! I thought to myself, 'I hope he treats his mum better than he is treating me' He is about my son's age.
The next day I had a different doctor, totally! To cut a long story short, he managed to get the information he required, is spite of me having a HUGE coughing fit. I thought I was going to explode.
My doctor rang me on Tuesday morning to tell me the results, and said I need to have another Arthroscopy, as I have a tear in the back of the cartelege, and he would get his girls on to it right away. I have not heard a peep from them yet. Will have to ring them in the morning.
More fun and games.

No comments: