Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Did the butler do it? They said the bouncer didn't.

So, the bouncer didn't do it, cause David Hookes' death that is. How can Macevic say it was self defence when Hookes was trying to walk away from him? If, as has been stated, Hookes was walking the other way, he was no threat to any one. I am pleased to hear Hookes' family is suing for compensation. I hope they get some.

Knees and things.

Neville and I travelled to the 'big smoke' in the Red Cross car today, so I could consult my Orthopoedic surgeon about my other knee. Eighteen months ago, the anterior horn of my carteledge in my right knee tore. It went off like a rifle shot. He performed an arthroscopy on it, and the upshot of that is I need a knee replacement operation. On the 3rd of this month, the other one did likewise. Now, with two buggered knees, I am finding it nigh on impossible to walk, as it is very painful. Dr. Oakeshott said in his usual flippant way today,' use it or lose it' That is fine for him, he does not have put up with the pain! He has ordered an MRI.
I have had many, many procedures and tests in my life, but this will be the first MRI.I am not relishing the prospect.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

It appears that being able to judge who did what isn't as straight forward as it used to be. Apparently the jury didn't know who to believe. Tough call to put someone away for years if you can't be sure that they did it.

Anonymous said...

Point taken. I guess it is better to err on the side of caution in these cases.