Monday, September 05, 2005

Life's a Bitch!

They do say, Life's a bitch and then you die, but I'm not ready to shuffle off this mortal coil just yet.Eighteen months ago, just after I had returned from Perth and Mark's graduation, my right knee started to do silly things,like catching and cracking. It hurt a bit, then one day in March it went off like a rifle shot, and hurt like H*** and went out from under me. I finished up in a wheelchair for a month, then had an Arthroscopy. The upshot of that was my right knee is stuffed and I need a complete joint replacement. I am not looking forward to that, I can tell you.
When I went back for the first check up a year later, my knees were x rayed, and no problems could be detected in the left knee. I am the least supersticious person on the planet, but it was April Fool's Day.( April 1st.) About two to three weeks ago, the left knee started to do the very same things, and on Saterday morning, very early, it too, cracked! I am now back to square one, and in a wheelchair again. I go to the 'big smoke' for more Xrays, and an ultra sound,tomorrow, and back again a week later to see my surgeon. In the interim, I am supposed to see the doctor, who is not my usual physician, and in whom I have very little faith. Mainly because he speaks so softly and has a thick African accent.
I shall keep you posted.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

No more footy with the grandkids, by the look of it.

Susan Ham said...

Footy. What footy? This old grey mare coitainly aint what she used to be!!