Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Question in need of an answer, or just a dumb question.

I had a filling done in February, when I went in for a check up, and possible clean. I was advised to take $100.00 with me, to cover the 'gap' payments of my health fund. The filling was not scheduled, but I understood the reason for the dentist deciding to do it there and then. It cost me $170.00, and I had to use some of my grocery money to make up the difference, as I only received $38.00 refund from my health fund. I told the dentist I had another tooth that had lost some of it's filling, and he said to make another appointment for that. I said I would, further down the track, when I had saved some money. I had a message on my answering machine a few weeks ago from the clinic, reminding me I needed to get the filling done. I tried to call back, but the line was busy.
I have just had a very 'bright' dental nurse ring me, to once again remind me about the filling. I told her I do not have the money, and, as it is not giving me any trouble, I would get back to her when I have got some money to spare. She said,"Alright, I will put it in the closed file, just so long as you remember it is there to be done."
Question in need of an answer:- as it is my tooth, am I likely to forget about it?

2 comments:

Hammy said...

You never know. It may well be that you forget about it. Was she blonde or had you dyed your hair blonde?

Susan Ham said...

It just so happens, she is blonde. I am just greyish.