Friday, January 26, 2007

Kiddywinks.

Yesterday, my daughter and her boys, and her friend, came to do some shopping. It is not as cheap as Naracoorte, but is MUCH cheaper than Keith. Neville had gone down to my late cousin's former farm, to cut fire wood. Iy is safe to do it now, as we have had some good rains, and there is less risk of starting a fire with the chain saw.
I got Deb to drop me and the boys off, so I could do a couple of errands, and then we went to the nearby park, so they could play on the swings etc. It was more fun for them than traipsing around the super market, and gave Deb some peace.
It was a very pleasant say, not too warm, and the boys had lots of fun. Riley got one of his sandals wet, as the water from the rain had pooled under the slippery dip/jungle gym. It was hard to tell there was water there, as it has a thick layer of bark on top of the sand.
After about an hour or so, I rang Deb on her mobile, and asked her how long she would be. She said they were just going to the butcher, and I said I was going to the cafe over the road from there, to buy us all a drink, and would meet her back at the park.
The children had a great time, and so did I.

No comments: