Monday, January 15, 2007

Grandies to stay.

Last Friday, my grandson, Lachlan, came to stay for a couple of nights. It is always lovely to have him here, as he really enjoys himself. Neville went to Penola, which is about an hour's drive south east of here, towards Mt. Gambier, to a clearing sale. He was interested in buying a slasher, as we have large varigated Cabbage thistles on the farm, and if he doesn't cut them down soon, they will take over and there will be no feed for the sheep. He did not buy it, as it was too old and drecrepit.
Lachlan did some drawing, then he played games on the computer, and watched a Bob The Builder video. I had cooked a chicken earlier and we had that and veges for lunch. I also made a fruit salad.
On Saterday morning, Neville and Lachlan walked to the shops and bought a news paper. Neville reckons it was a slow trip. He has to remember, Lachlan has only got little legs, and can't take great strides, like he can.After breakfast, we went to the shops and I bought some beef stir fry strips and some other things, then we let Lachlan play in the park for a while. I then remembered I needed to pick up my photos, so we drove up to the shop and got those, plus some more films. I cooked the stir fry for lunch.
Lachlan played outside for a while, as Neville was working in the yard. After lunch, we drove to Mundulla, as I had won a gift voucher from the store, in a raffle before Christmas. I had 'spent' some of it when I collected it. I wanted to redeem the rest, and it was something different for Lachlan to see and do. We showed him the school, as I had attended it when I was slightly older than he is now. Then we drove around looking at all the flash houses that are being built.
Neville and Lachlan had left over stir fry for tea. Neville watched the news, and then Lachlan watched The Simpsons. He watched about an hour of Ghostbusters 111, but said it was too spooky. I read him a story each night, of his choosing, when he got into bed.
Yesterday morning, I did the washing, or most of it, and cooked fish and chips for lunch. Lachlan was looking for 'treasures' in the yard. Old nuts and bolts, stones etc, to take home. When we took him home, THAT did not go down at all well with his father! Altogether, he had a good time, but it was ruined by his father's reaction to his 'treasures'.

No comments: