Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Funny Bugger!

My mate Sue and I have great times together. We 'send each other up' something chronic, all the time. I try to make her laugh whenever we meet, as her life has a lot of tension in it, most of the time. I rang her at lunch time today, to tell her I had another bucket of scraps for her chooks, and I needed more buckets, as I was on to my last one. She said she would be around later. I reminded her I had a doctors appointment this arvo, so she said to let her know when I got home.
Neville said, while I was getting the scripts made up, my phone rang, but he couldn't find it. It was in my bag which I had left in the car, as I only needed my purse. Duh! I said it was probably Sue, and that was the case when I checked for missed calls.
I did some other errands, and we came home. I sent Sue an SMS to aprise her of that fact so she could come around.
When she was coming in the door, I said she had to throw her hat in. If it did not come back at her, she was welcome to come inside. She had never heard that saying before. She improvised, as she did not have a hat she threw the buckets in, instead. We both 'cracked up' laughing. Then she said, "They haven't come back at me, so it must be safe to come in." She was coming in anyway!
i am always saying, you don't have to be crazy to be my friend, but it helps.

No comments: