Friday, August 22, 2008

Letter to Andre Rieu. V

Dear Andre,

I just thought I would drop you a line again, as it has been a few weeks since I last wrote.
I have been enjoying some of you latest CDs, namely:- Andre's Marches. I love marches as they stir the blood and lift the spirits Love Letters, Happiness, Andre's Seasons, Around the World, & Farewell. I have three others of these new releases on order.
Once again you have excelled in you choices of music and the playing of them. Thank you.
There are many of my favorites from all time and your concerts.
I love the DVD of Gala Concert. It is the only one I have seen where you sit out for a couple of numbers. A very rare occurrance for you.
There have been some musicians heaping coals on your head of late, but, it is just sour grapes in my opinion. You have been referred to as 'a crossover musician', whatever that means.
I know you will not care a jot about these vinegary people, and continue to do what you do so well. For that I am ever grateful.
It is not long now and you will all be in
Australia for the first time to give concerts. I hope you all, including Marjorie, have a fabulous time.
With affection,
Susan.
P.S. I have been wondering if you wear contact lenses when you are on stage, as you wear spectacles when you are rehearsing etc?

No comments: