Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You have got to be joking!

Sue and I went out on our usual weekly outing today. As her granddaughter's parents are working day shift this week and next, she had Stacy with her. Stacy is nearly two, and is thoroughly undisciplined and willful. Sue doesn't think it is her 'place' to discipline her, when she is looking after her as she says she is allowed to run rampant at home, so it is pointless. Now, don't get me wrong, I love children, but I like them best when they are well behaved and well mannered. Cuteness has a limited appeal for me, and spoiling and making much of a child because of it is doing the child a great disservice. Our coffee mornings are somewhat spoiled when Stacy is there.
We did some of our errands before we went for coffee. On our way back to the car, we stopped at the local art gallery, to see the latest exhibition of our local talented artists. I bumped into our roving reporter, a lady I have known for years. We exchanged greetings, and she went on her way. We left soon after and met he further down the street. She was chatting to a lady who was collecting donations for Red Cross. She saw us coming and said something about the two Sues. It was then I realized she had a camera in her hand. I didn't catch what she was saying, but very soon realized she wanted to set up a photo opportunity with the Red Cross lady.
I said there was no way she was getting a photo of me for the paper, and went and sat on a bench. She conned Sue into it though. I look terrible in photos at the best of times, but not being well, I knew I would look ghastly!

No comments: