Friday, May 11, 2007

My Week.

As my reader(s) will know, I have not enjoyed the best of health lately. I visited the doctor yesterday, and he told me I have a bad case of Sinusitis & Conjunctivitis, He prescribed drops for my eyes, and antibiotics for the other.
I am starting to feel better already.
Wednesday we journeyed to Naracoorte to do the shopping. Neville went out to the farm for a few hours. When he came back, we went to the pub for lunch. We had battered Butterfish. The salads leave me cold, as they are loaded with capsicum, which I loathe! I didn't feel like eating much anyway.
Later, I went to Trev's Emporium, a discount shop, and bought some ribbon, and bows with flowers in the centre, so I could decorate my mother's birthday gifts. I had purchased a bottle of Liqueur Port for her as well. She said last night she has never had liqueur Port before.
As I was about to enter Trev's, I had not seen there was a young woman, well she is younger than I, looking at some plastic containers that were displayed outside. She said hullo, and I looked at her, and said I coulnt not see her to know who she was. She also had the light behind her, which makes it nigh on impossible for me to see anything or anyone. I said I could not tell who she was, and she identified herself, and asked why I could not see her.I told her I am legally blind, and she said, "Of course you are," and patted me on the shoulder in a very patronising manner. Her tone of voice was very patronising too. She should have remembered about my poor eyesight, as I have known her since she was about 12. She and my younger sister were great friends at school.
Neville has gone to my late cousin's former farm, to saw logs and cart them in to a yard in the town. He will be away all day. It is supposed to rain this evening. It is overcast now.

No comments: