Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Telemarketers. (Nuisiance phone calls!)

My mum has been having trouble with this type of call. She had one Indian bloke ring her every day for nearly two weeks. This is not something that is easy to take for the rest of us, and my mum is in her eighties, and has recently had major surgery. She was advised by her phone company, to leave her answering machine on, to screen the calls. This caused another problem, she then had to play the message and ring the caller back, thereby adding to her phone bill.
I had one of these calls on Monday. The young lady sounded Asian, probably Thai, by the sound of her name. She was calling on behalf of some discount travel firm. I hung up when I heard this. If we want to go for a holiday, we will decide where and when and how much we can afford to pay. I object very strongly to being 'head hunted' so someone can get a commission when they get so many 'hits'! It is to no avail that I try letting the calls go to the message bank, as there is not set time for them to call. I also had an Indian bloke call from somewheere,but the call dropped out. I wish I was quicker, and could remember to ask them for their number, and say I will ring them back, reverse charge. I think they would hang up pretty quickly.

No comments: