Friday, May 26, 2006

Stick 'em up, Riley!

I have sent activity books with stickers to my three grandsons, and my daughter told me that her son Riley loves stickers, only problem is, he sticks them on himself and anything else they will stick to. I sent him a Bananas in Pyjamas book, and he was running around with a chook sticker on his forehead, so she decided that it would be prudent to stick them in the book for him. Deb has just rung me, and I asked he about it again, and she told me all the above, and that she and her brother,(Frugal Bastard) and their step cousin, Nick, bought a roll of stickers when they were very young, and stuck them all over our car. I have no recolection of the incident, and their father only vaguely remembers it. It seems I am going to have to rethink my 'Granny gifts' for Riley, in future.
They were all here yesterday, as they had hoped they could get Deb's Corolla going, so her mother-in-law could have it to drive to work. Riley was very excited, as small boys are about such things, and ran inside to tell me what was happening. Neville could not turn the motor over, and has had to take it out again. He said the crank shaft had siezed as it was too tight when he put the motor back in before. It has been sitting in the back yard for six months or more, and that is not good for it, either. He has put the crank shaft bearings in back to front, according to the diagram, as it is the only way to get the motor to turn over. Pete's mother, Margaret, has just bought an old Ford station wagon, and of course, as she went on her own to buy a car, she got 'dudded' by the salsman. She put $30.00 petrol in it last week, and it was all gone when she got home from work that night. She only had to go roughly 60 miles, there and back. Hence the need for a more economical car.

No comments: