Friday, April 21, 2006

That Riley Boy!

My son said we have to watch what we say, as you never know who knows who. It is also true, we need to be very careful what we say in front of children. With video games etc, it is very hard for kids to get a proper sense of reality and perspective on life.
My three year old grandson, Riley, is finding it hard to understand/believe what he is told about anything. He is going through a phase where he contradicts everything we say. F'rinstance:- this morning, he and I were sitting in his mum's car and we started talking about people's names. I told him my name is Susan, 'No it's not, it's Nan". I said it is, and he was having none of that. Deb's friend, Kylie got in the car, and I told her he didn't believe me, and she told him, it is true. 'No it's not'. Kylie said everybody had a Nan. Even she had one,though she was not around anymore." Where is she?" I said she went to heaven. "Is she dead?" "Yes". said Kylie. "Who killed her?" "Nobudy killed her, She just got old, and wore out".
Video games have a lot to answer for.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

That is pretty funny. He's a dag. Should be hanging off the back of a sheep.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, gross! You apparantly didn't think the other postings were funny?!