Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Party, Party, Party.

We don't travel at Easter, as a rule, but this year my elder sister's 60th birthday was on Good Friday. He son and his wife put on a Bruch party for her on the Saterday. We travelled to Adelaide on the friday, and went to see my mother, and take her some home made Apricot jam, and some Easter eggs. (Red Tulip, of course) My mother is recovering from knee replacement surgery, and is not very well. Her knee is still very swollen, and she is still in considerable pain. I made us a cup of tea and we stayed and chatted for about an hour and a half, then we went to my friend, Lesley's place as we were staying the night. If we lived closer, we would have gone down on the morning of the party, but it would have been too much for me. We would have had to get up very early, as it is a three hour drive, and the Brunch was at 10.30 am. Neville wanted to stop at our daughter's for a while anyway, as he wanted her to give him a much needed hair cut. She would NOT have appreciated being hauled out of bed at 6,30 am!
I tried, several times, ringing my friend to let her know we were on the way, but she didn't answer.
When we got there, she was surprised to see us and said the phone had not rung. I tried it with my mobile, and it was dead. I reported it, and hopefully it will be repaired today.
My friends from Queensland have just arrive. See ya later.

No comments: