Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day/ Stupid chair!

I know it is nearly a week since we had Mother's Day, but I have not felt like blogging untill now.
I usually have a bleak Mother's day, as I usually spend it at home missing my family. The day was started off by hubby cooking me breakfast, and no, it was not a bit of burnt toast and a cup of tea. He cooked bacon and an egg and toast and made a cup of tea, and it was all done to perfection. He and our son also gave me some money which I have put away as I want to buy a DVD/VCR combo with HD tuner so I can dispense with the set top box. This year I had a wonderful day. My husband and I were invited to our daughter's for a BBQ lunch.
We had fabulous weather and a terrific few hours with our daughter and her family. Lunch was eaten inside and consisted of home made burgers, sausages and steak. We had one of our girl's lovely salads too. She does know how to make a mean green salad with prawns. Yum!I also recieved two boxes of chos from my daughter and her family.
To cap things off nicely, my son sent me a wondeerful ecard, and phoned me.
After lunch I played cards with the boys, and tried to interact with our grand daughter as well. She is three and had just received her first bycycle with trainer wheels. She takes to everything like the proverbial duck to water.
We also went outside and the boys played a sort of cricket with a tennis ball and racquet. Grand daughter got a two gallon bucket and tried to make sand castles. She was a bit disappointed when I said I could not get down on the ground to play with her. [So was i just quietly.] The sand was not damp enough to retain it's shape.
Yesterday our daughter, hubby and daughter came here to do their grocery shopping. Willow wanted to get in to my rocker recliner and was not having any luck, as every time she tried it tipped forward. She got a bit frustrated and muttered, "Stupid chair" Her mum put her in it and she rocked away quite happily.

No comments: