Monday, May 17, 2010

Losing the plot, who's losing the plot? Not me!

I have been subjected to pitying looks and head shaking in the past, for having 'senior moments', but hubby takes the biscuit in that department.
He went to the farm this morning and intended to stay overnight. He packed the Esky to that purpose, and made a thermos of tea. I did some washing and generally mooched around the place. I watched some videos and mucked around on the computer.
I was coming and going outside most of the day. I got a shock therefore when I heard a familiar voice calling from the back door about 5.30 pm, "Is anybody home?" I thought I was hearing things. It was fairly dark inside as I usually only have the desk light on.
I got up to investigate and was dumbfounded to bump into hubby. I asked him what he was doing home and his reply was," Are you blind or something?' I asked what he meant and he said he had left his food in the Esky on the back verandah. I had walked past it many times and had not seen it!
The irony is folks, I am almost blind. Have been all my life.
So much for ME going dippy. Tch,tch. I said he must have been hungry, but he said he had gone in to Naracoorte and bought some cheese and bacon rolls. He did remember to take his thermos of tea.

No comments: