Monday, April 26, 2010

Soup, glorious soup !

I have not been very well of late, and therefore have not felt up to preparing meals.
This has not been helped by the fact, the sheep hubby killed last week, went off! This has never happened before in living memory. He usually lets it hang overnight, but last week, for reasons best known to himself, he decided to leave it for another day before he cut it up and bagged it and put it in the freezer. Unfortunately, Wednesday was quite warm, and we do not have a cool room. This meant I did not have meat to cook and therefore very limited choices for meals. Hubby does not like pasta.
I did not eat anything much besides icecream the first three to four days after I became ill, as my throat was so painful, so food was not high on my agenda.
Last night I made a Mornay. I forgot to put the left overs in the fridge, and, as it had Salmon in it, I ditched it this morning. Can't take chances where fish is concerned.
I had some stock in the freezer and decided to thaw it and make soup. Now, my soup is very thick. It has vegetables, perle (?) barley, split peas and some kind of pasta. With all that in it, there was not a lot of liquid. I got myself a bowl of it, and when I went in to the lounge, where hubby was watching the news and having his lunch, the soup was 'it', I could not believe my eyes when I looked, as he had his soup on a dinner plate, on a piece of toast! ! ! I said to him, "It is soup." He said, "I have to be able to cut the bread"
There is nowhere to go after that. I dunno.

No comments: