Thursday, November 26, 2009

Watch it!

A couple of weeks ago, when we were preparing to leave for Naracoorte, I was putting my watch on, when it slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor. The floor is concrete with quarry tiles on it. Not a soft landing by any stretch of the imagination. It stopped, no surprise there. I was hoping it would start again, but nothing happened. I was going to take it to the jewellers, but it was such a hot day, and I decided to wait until this week.
After I had done the shopping, and before lunch, I took it to the jeweller, and the lady said that battery may have dislodged. This was what had happened, but after a further few minutes of no movement, she told me what I did not want to hear. It was eukered! I duly chose another one, and as it had a metal expanding band, which I hate, I chose a leather one and she fitted it for me. The watch is silver and has a biggish face. It cost $69.00, which I consider quite a good price.
It is a Sekonda brand. I have never heard of it before.

No comments: