Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Name sakes

Today, in our daily paper, there is a picture and short story, about a young female postie who is going to Beijing to help deliver mail to the athletes. I was surprised and delighted to see she has the same name as my mate Sue. And it is spelled the same. I thought, 'I am going to have some fun with Sue.'
When Sue arrived to take me out, I said to her, "You have been holding out on me."
She of course, had no idea what I meant. I thought I would be able to show her when we arrived at the coffee shop, as they usually have a copy of each day's paper. Not this morning. I had to let her in on the secret, and she played along with me. She said, "I have to have SOME secrets." Then she said, "You are forgetting the quiz we did yesterday. I said no flying." I said, "Are you going to swim, then?" She just laughed and said, "Oh, sure!"
I showed her the article when we went to the news agents. She was quite surprised to know there is another Sue M......
There is another lady in town now who has the same name as myself, though I have not met her. I know there are several others in this state alone. Never met them, either.

No comments: