Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I had a good day, mum.

My friend Sue and I went to Keith today, to see my daughter and her young son, Riley. Her husband is off work because he has done his back in, again. We normally go out on a Tuesday for coffee and to do errands, but decided to have a change of venue. We had coffee and cake at one of the cafes , Deb had a salad roll. Then we went into a shop called The Purple Paddock. It is a shop where people can sell their handy crafts, paintings and cooking. They also had some beautiful pieces of old furniture that had been restored. The prices were very much today's, though. I bought four coasters with Aussie farm scenes on, to send to my sister in Wales. When I told the lady serving me where they were going, she said it had been a bit of an international day, as there had been a french lady in, who had bought some things to take home with her, and someone else who was sending things somewhere, but it eludes me.Then Sue and Deb and Riley went to a craft shop. It was too far for me to walk, so I went to the newsagent's and checked my lotto and bought some magazines. I went across the street to sit and wait for them. It was quite chilly, as it has been an overcast day, and the wind had a chill factor of about -5. When they got back, I asked Deb if she was coming to lunch at the pub with us. She declined, as she had just had a salad roll. She asked Riley if he would like to come with us. At first he said no, as he is a bit shy, in spite of his exuberance and chatterbox nature.(The lady in the Purple Paddock said we would never be lonely with Riley around) We met Pete and his mum, Margaret, who is on two weeks holiday from the meat works, and Riley decided he would come with Sue and me. We all had bangers and mash and oinon gravy. I asked if they did children's serves, but was told , no. He ate nearly all of it by himself, with no coaxing from us! I don't know where he put it all, as he is not very big. Half way through the meal he said, "I'm having a good day". When we got back to Deb, he told he that too. It was very gratifying to hear. We went to Deb's house, so I could drop off some things she asked for when I had my cupboards cleaned out last week, and to see the new Bull Terrier pup. Then a van pulled up, and Deb was very excited, as she said they had come to fix he washing machine. When the men had a look at it, I heard one say they had the wrong parts, as they were told something quite different needed fixing. Goodness knows when she will get it fixed now.
Sue and I didn't stay long and came home and did some shopping and other jobs here. We were quite 'done up' when we got back, and had a cuppa and a chat. She looked through her catalogues she had got in the mail. I had a bit of a rest, as my legs were giving me 'hurry up'.

No comments: