Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not a lot happnin'.

Well, not a lot that I can write about, or that you would be interested in reading. We have sold two semi trailer loads of fire wood , one last month and one this month. 22 & 15 tonnes respectively. The second one was a bit less, because the driver had some of his own to sell. Not a bad little earner, though the wood yards sell it for far more than they pay us.
Pete's mum is not driving the car Neville fixed for two reasons. One, the battery out of her car that they put in it is dead. Two, she is originally from Queehsland, and forgot to renew her licence. She will have to change her address on it, and has not bothered as yet, as she gets a lift to work. I guess she will do it when they can afford a new battery.
Neville's brother, Peter, has left the district, so he will mis him quite a bit. He has not managed to sell his property here yet, and will come back every fortnight to check on it. It used to belong to his son, and he had it on the market for a couple of years before Pete bought it. He has had to drastically reduce the price, but no luck. I think there have been quite a few people look at it, but it is next to a sheep skin tannery, and I guess people think there will be a nasty smell from that. That is not so, but some people you can't convince.
I am starting to get into making my own cards. I am gradually acquiring the nessecary equipment. It can be expensive, if you don't go to the right place. We have a shop in town that has things at very cheap rates, but they do not have a lot to choose from as yet.
My friend, Sue, does all kinds of crafts, and she is willing to help me, and do it with me.
Maybe more later.

No comments: