Sunday, January 15, 2006

Rodeos!

One of the things that I abhor in the human nature,is cruelty to animals. I think rodeos are one of the cruelest activities that some of the human race, so called, participate in. I have only been to about two, in my entire life, and I was very young, but they left me cold. Tonight on the news, I witnessed one of the worst acts of cruelty I have EVER seen. A bull broke his back, and had to drag himself off into the enclosure, and it was several hours before a vet was brought in, to put him out of his misery. In the meantime, the 'cowboys' were inflicting more pain and distress to the poor animal, by kicking it and trying to make it stand up, when 'blind Freddy' could see it was in agony! I left the room in great distres and in tears. Why do people, who are supposed to be of higher intelligence, persist in such barbaric practises? I think rodeos should be outlawed, and the sooner the better. Let these 'heros' find something else to do, to satisfy their ego mania.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Gosh. Sounds horrible.

Anonymous said...

I have just rung the R.S.P.C.A and discovered this atrosity occurred in Tasmania. Shame, Australia, SHAME!! The local R.S.P.C.A are looking into it. I hope they throw the book at them.