Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Great Day in the Morning!

I have been reviewing some of my old Blogs, and came across one for 16/2/05 in which i lamented the lack of courtesy and acknowledement of me, and my status as a wife. Well, I am happy to report there is at least one gentleman in the world of business. I answered the phone last Friday, and was greeted thus. 'Hullo, Mrs Ham, how sre you today? Richard Harvey speaking." " Is Neville about?" I said I was very well thank you. Then it hit me. I said, "I am going to give you a prize." He was, no doubt, somewhat nonplussed at such a rejoinder, as I have only met him once. He asked me what I meant, and I told him he was to first person to acknowledge my status as Neville's wife. I said I would probably 'lose my rag' with the next person who didn't He asked how they addressed me, and I said they usually grunted,'Is Neville there?' He assured me he would never do that. I said I would probably ask them, 'what am I, Scotch mist?' He said I should tell them Neville had died and I was the boss now. I don't think so. Not my style. Richard is our stock agent and a very nice man.

No comments: