Monday, December 19, 2005

Can't complain about the service, coz there isn't any!

Last Friday, my husband and I went to our capital city, Adelaide, to do some shopping and deliver Christmas presents to my mother and some friends. After we had driven around the far flung burbs,for several hours, we called in at a shopping centre so I could get myself some lunch. It was 1.30 pm by this time, and I had been up since 4.30 am, and was ravenous. I went into a Subway fast food outlet and asked the girl for a Chicken Parmegiana with Marinashi sauce on a wheat roll. She got a white bread roll out and proceeded to slice it. I told her I asked for Wheat, not white, and I wanted the afore said chicken roll. She then got another white roll with cheese on top, and started to slice that. I stopped her again and asked wht she was doing.She said I had asked for a Parmgiana roll. I said I did not, and pointed to the huge poster in the window advertising the roll I had asked for. She tossed her head, and said something uninteligable, in a very rude manner, and slammed the roll on the counter. By this time there was a long queue, and I pobably should have just walked out, but I was hungry. I finally got what I asked for, and went to pay for it. I was told it was $8.00 something, and handed the girl a $20.00 note. She gave me the change for $10.00. I said, "Excuse me, but I gave you $20.00." "Did you?" she said. "Yes I did." says I."Oh, OK." says she and gave me the correct change. I will never go back there. I was bitterly disappointed with my roll, as it looked nothing like the ad on TV, and tasted foul! As my dad used to say, 'All that for nothing, how much for sixpence?'

1 comment:

Hammy said...

If you had stuck around whilst eating the sandwich you should have complained about the food and the service. I've never had Subway which I didn't like.