Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Another year shot to hell!

Well, that's that for another year. Neville and I had a very quiet Christmas Day. It was spent making salads and cooking meat for the next day. Our daughter and her family did not grace us with their presence this year, on 'the' day, as they went to the coast to do some fishing. It was a very unpleasant day, as it was blowing a gale, and would have been quite chilly down at Kingston. They did not catch any fish. Peter's mother, Margaret, is staying with them for a week, from Queensland. She will be returning in Feb. to live permenantly. I am not sure if that is dependant on whether she gets a job at the abatoir or not.
They all came here for tea last evening. Deb made a Coleslaw for me when she arrived. The boys opened their Christmas prezzies before tea. They only stayed a couple of hours, as Pete was not feeling well. Neither was Deb. It is typical though. He never wants to stay long.
The other day, after I had done the grocery shop, Neville got a block of Coon cheese out of the fridge. I asked him where it came from, and he said it was in the fridge. I said I had wanted to buy Coon, but it was too dear, so had bought Bega, instead. I couldn't work it out. Yesterday, Deb said she had left her Coon cheese here on Thursday. I said,"So, that is where it came from"
"I am sorry, but we have been eating it. you will have to take the Bega!" For someone who was not feeling well, Pete still put away a goodly ammount of food, including trifle and strawberries and cream!

1 comment:

Hammy said...

After a title like that I wish we heard more about the year overall instead of the one day that you described. It was filled with such promise.