Sunday, March 06, 2011

You just have to love 'em.

Last Friday, my daughter and I went shopping in Naracoorte. 
A certain young lady, namely my nearly four year old grand daughter, came with us. 
I have taken great pains to impress upon the children that, as I have been designated Nan, as opposed to Grandma, I REFUSE to answer to Nanna,It has taken lots of insistabce and persistance on my part, to get them to accede to my wish. 
It has finally paid off.
On the way home, W wanted to ask me something and said in a sing song way, "Nanny" Her mother sputtered, "Nanny??" I said," I am not a goat." To which W replied, "Yes you are." Then she repeated the "Nanny". Her mum and I were laughing so hard we never did find out what W wanted. I suspect W had a cheeky grin on her face, as I could detect it in her voice even though I could not turn around to see.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

I might have to start calling you Maaaaaa, instead of Ma.

Susan Ham said...

Don't you DARE!!! LOL